APS arxiv google UAEU
My CV (Sept. 12, 2011)
Ring-String soliton molecule
rotating in a 2D harmonic trap
Soliton molecule scattered by a potential wall
Collision of two ring solitons
Lattice of out-of-phase solitons
Lattice of in-phase solitons. Notice the size is oscillating between 6x6 and 5x5 solitons.
Recent publications (complete list in my CV):
1. Formation of Matter-Wave Soliton Molecules,
U. Al Khawaja and H.T.C. Stoof
New J. Phys. 13, 085003 (2011). arXiv:1012.3762
Scattering of a matter-wave single soliton and two-soliton molecule by
an attractive potential,
S. M. Al-Marzoug, S. M. Al-Amoudi, U. Al Khawaja, H. B. Bahlouli, and B. B. Baizakov,
Phys. Rev. E 83, 026603 (2011).
3. Spontaneous formation and resonant scattering of soliton molecules,
U. Al Khawaja, S. M. Al-Marzoug, and H. Bahlouli,
J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 44, 115304 (2011).
4. Stability and dynamics of two-soliton molecules,
U. Al Khawaja,
Phys. Rev. E 81, 056603 (2010). arXiv:1004.3000
5. A comparative analysis of Painlev? Lax Pair, and Similarity Transformation methods
in obtaining the integrability conditions of nonlinear Schr?inger equations,
U. Al Khawaja,
J. Math. Phys. 51, 053506 (2010). arXiv:1004.3001
(Top 20 Most Downloaded, May 2010, http://jmp.aip.org/features/most_downloaded?month=5&year=2010)
1. Theoretical Physics group at King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)/Saudi Arabia and the Saudi Center for Theoretical Physics: Abdulaziz Al-Haidari, Hocine Bahlouli, Ibrahem Naser, Mohammad Abdulmonem, Saeed Al-Amoudi, Saeed Al-Marzoug, Jasem Al-Alawi, and Ahmed Bouketir.
2. H.T.C. Stoof from the Institute for Theoretical Physics at Utrecht University/ The Netherlands.
3. B. Baizakov from Physical-Technical Institute in Tashkent/Uzbekistan.
1. National Research Foundation (NRF) research grants (2011)
Collaborators: Usama Al Khawaja.
Title: Using solitons and soliton molecules as data carriers to increase the bit rate of optical telecommunications
Amount: 750,000.00 AED (250,000 AED per year)
Duration: Fall 2011-Fall 2014 (3 years).
Status: Accepted for funding. To start Sept. 2011.
2. A Joint Project with King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals/Saudi Arabia
Title: Stability, dynamics, and applications of two- and multi- soliton molecules
Collaborators: Saeed Al-Marzoug1, Saeed Al-Amoudi1, Hocine Bahlouli1, Ahmed Bouketir1, Usama Al Khawaja2, Bakhtiyor Baizakov3,
1 Physics Department, King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals.
2 Physics Department, UAEU.
3 Physical-technical Institute, Uzbek Academy of Science.
Duration: Jan 2011-Jan 2013 (2 years).
Amount: 236,300.00 Saudi Riyals. (Two hundred thirty six thousands and three hundred)
Spin texture of a skyrmion in a spin-1 Ferromagnetic Bose-Einstein condensate:
(Blue is +1 and pink is -1)
See also Phys. Rev. A 64, 043612 (2001).
Spin texture of a skyrmion in a spin-1/2 Ferromagnetic Bose-Einstein condensate: (Blue is +1/2 and pink is -1/2)
See also Nature 411, 918 (2001).
The 'et Hooft-Polyakov monopole in an anti ferromagnetic BEC:
See also Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 120407 (2001). cond-mat/0103194.